Improving employee productivity is a growing concern around the world — it is actually among the top three concerns for many countries, including U.S., Italy, China, India, Russia, Turkey and Brazil 1 . Dell, along with Intel and Microsoft, is helping to make the most of the new mobile landscape with solutions that help with productivity on and off the job.
Can you afford lost productivity, wasted time and money?
The money “saved” by keeping older PCs in service can impact the productivity of small businesses in a variety of ways:
- Not allowing employees to get work done in a timely manner and increasing downtime
- Money lost as a result of higher maintenance costs
- PCs older than three years are 4.5x more likely to experience a hard drive failure, which greatly hampers productivity 2
Productivity in the Mobile Ecosystem
Enabling a truly mobile workforce requires more than just modern laptops. You have to have an infrastructure that enables the right degree of connectivity to ensure productivity.
So if your goal is to improve productivity, what do you need to do?
View the ecosystem diagram to find out.View the Ecosystem Diagram
One of the biggest potential barriers to business productivity is aging hardware. In fact, nearly 40% of PCs in small businesses are more than three years old 3 . These older systems can diminish productivity, increase downtime and raise maintenance costs — not to mention pose a security risk.
Dell hardware can be customized to meet your needs with a variety of productivity-boosting features, including available features 4 that help you:
Dell PCs Feature 2nd Generation Intel Core vPro Processors
Work in more places
- Long battery life for improved uptime
- Mobile broadband to give you anywhere connectivity at high speeds
- Fast charging thanks to Dell ExpressCharge™, which lets you recharge to 80% of battery life in one hour
Work faster and better
- Backlit keyboards for typing in low-light environments — with dedicated number keypads for more efficient data entry
- The latest fast memory — enabling your system to handle more tasks all at once for enhanced multitasking
Work in new ways
- Built-in webcams and microphones for effective communication right out of the box
- High-definition, anti-glare display for optimum viewing
- A Dell reseller can help match your budget to the productivity features that are most valuable to your organization
Selling Dell laptops and desktops is even easier with Dell PC Advisor. It’s an exclusive tool for Partners that helps target your customers’ preferences in hardware, software and components so your product recommendations are closely aligned with their needs.
Dell recommends Windows 7 Professional for our business users.
Learn More About Windows
Dell also recommends Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 for our business users.
Learn More About Office
Simply upgrading your hardware can deliver a significant productivity boost. But the latest software also offers a wide range of productivity boosting features. And since some of these features can only be supported by new hardware, upgrading both is a necessity.
Older systems don’t just sap productivity — they can make it harder to take full advantage of some of today’s advanced software…
There are quite a few other software programs that are designed to help keep mobile workers connected. And Dell has configurations that are perfect for taking advantage of those programs. So no matter what your collaboration needs are, we can help you take advantage of:
- Video calling and conferencing — such as Office Live Meeting or Skype™
- Presentation tools — like those in Office Live Meeting and Windows™ Live
- Real-time content sharing — available through Microsoft OneNote
- Collaboration and file sharing — using Microsoft SharePoint and Office 2010
There are more and more ways for the latest software to help improve productivity — and upgrading to the latest hardware gives you the best opportunity to take advantage of them.
Keeping up with the mobile workforce is also about making sure that, if something goes wrong, problems can be resolved quickly to help minimize downtime and keep output high. Dell Partners can offer some great options to help keep you productive, including: